Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The “Adjustment” period

Under the “Violation” section (See: “Violation my Ass”) is the “Adjustment” section.

“Adjustment” Section reads as follows:

The offender has no previous criminal history. This is her first violation of probation since being sentenced on 7/X/08. The offender has plans to move to Missouri in the near future as she is losing her home, can’t find work and has family down there. Originally this “agent” had planned to recommend discharge upon completion of her conditions. However, the offender is refusing to take any responsibility for her offense. Being that the offender does not appear to be a threat to herself or others, this “agent” believes that an appropriate recommendation for this probation violation would be to revoke “Stay of Adjudication”, impose an execution, serve 10 days in the Isanti County Jail and discharge from probation upon receipt of payment of the balance of the offender’s fine.

Offender’s Thoughts: Ok, we have validated I’m not dangerous. Yes, I want to leave MN and get outta their hair. It cost’s the State and County absolutely $0.00 = (nothing, nada) to stop this insanity. The “Agent” could simply say, “ok, done, have a nice day.”

But NOOooo, they’d rather spend OUR money feeding, clothing and housing me!

Consider the paperwork, the return court dates, the time via man-hours and $$ taken away from us as a community. WE are paying these individuals to document and process this chaos … Holy cow!

I personally have spent hours on the phone, writing letters, faxing, mailing, delivering, reading, documenting and literally thousands of dollars that could have been used toward boosting our local economy, or simply applied to SOMETHING more constructive …. Arrggggh **@#4$%$%^&…

The folks at the “County Administration” desk are inundated with unnecessary work to appease whom?... And for What?

K, back to What IS:

This offenders Rebuttal: (according to This Offenders lil pea brain)

Noun S: (n) rebuttal (the speech act of refuting by offering a contrary contention or argument) S: (n) rebutter, rebuttal ((law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder)

A: “Conditions of Probation” I agreed to, and signed, line 13:

“Write a letter of apology to officer & provide to PO within 14 days.”

Done: I faxed it to both Officer Jackass and the Probation department exactly 14 days later.

The “Agent” requested an additional detailed hand written letter of apology, written as stated the outline the “Agent” provided as part of her duty as the “agent” assigned to punish the” offender” for up to two years at the “agent’s” discretion, the “agent” allotted 14 days.

Done: I provided the additional document ordered by the “Agent” on the 13th day

C: The “agent” states”- “the offender is refusing to take any responsibility for her offense.”

See: “Apology Letter” line one - I am truly sorry I spent the first 40 years of my life completely oblivious to the inner workings of our judicial system”

(How much more “Responsible” can I get?)

Can I make Adjustments?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wish this segment of your life could slide into oblivion and something wonderful, kind and fulfilling slides in

Unknown said...

Remember the story of the tar baby?


Even lightly brushing it, leaves a mark that runs into a hold that leads to being stuck that with anger and frustration ends in total submission to the fact that the process only echoes (with amplification) what you send to it.


These people aren't in the process as your friends. They're frustrated people that have enough power to make your life miserable. Back away from them while telling them whatever they need to hear and let karma deal with them.


I'm gonna be sad to see you go, it'll be sadder still because I know how the process defeated you. The fargin bastages!

Skjellerup said...

Jim ... Wow, you reading MY rant, I'm flattered! I AM disappointed to learn that you simply accept this sort of unjust “Boss Hog” mentality.

In hindsight, I should have immediately filed a formal complaint online via a site I recently learned of called; POST (Peace Officer Standards and Training)
http://www.dps.state.mn.us/newpost/posthome.asp

At the time I was arrested, 2006, I thought the only way to file a complaint was by walking into the Sheriffs office, the same office this Deputy worked with.

Then I realize, according to them and the document provided by the trusted, sworn approved “Officer”, I AM the criminal! I can hear it now, “Hey Guys Some cop assaulter obstructer chick is whining hehehe .. Sure thing we’re gonna look into it.” Document hits the garbage, that’s that.

I too would trust my fellow officer. They are out there sacrificing their personal safety, having to deal with the ick of the world every day. Even during all this crap, I STILL appreciate and respect what our officers stand for. In this case … THIS particular Officer is not OK… surely they see a pattern by now? (fact is, 16 days after I plea, I KNOW they do)

I had to consider that this person has already from my “personal experience” proven to be less than ethical. I had to think .. What if I pissed this guy off? Is he in a position to make my life, and my children’s lives difficult? Yes, I feared retaliation, sad but true. I shut my mouth. Shame on me!

And, statements like yours Jim;

“These people aren't in the process as your friends. They're frustrated people that have enough power to make your life miserable. Back away from them while telling them whatever they need to hear and let karma deal with them.”

Jim, you’re ok with that? What do you tell your daughter to do if she finds herself walking home alone late at night? ….. The Police should work for the people and not against them. We should be able to trust them for help rather than be terrified when one walks past them on the road … don’t cha think?

Granted, we are all human, freaks leak in. But when you know someone in a, position of authority as part of a system WE have in place to maintain peace to mediate to “Protect and Serve” is a predator, blatantly deceiving the system he should feel honored to be part of, to cover his own bad behavior; deliberately subjecting individuals to challenge or endure a system he knows will, because of his respected position of authority, do everything in their power to validate his “statement” because, he stands on the front line sacrificing his personal safety to protect and uphold everything WE as a community value.

Yes, I respect our officers this feels like a horrible betrayal.

We, as a community, have an issue to address with regard to what seems to be a pattern of abuses of authority I perceive as blatant police misconduct, being tolerated by our residents and facilitated by our judicial system.

I’d like to make clear that I am NOT dogging Isanti County or the balance of our Officers, not at all. I am a single mom. One of my sons is a challenge, to say the least. Isanti County and its officers have been very supportive and played a huge roll in helping me find and contact various resources available for support.

I don’t think ALL cops lie. I do think in our case we have a few “Bad Apples” spoiling the barrel, and if those “Bad Apples” are “Publicly” flogged .. Yes, we risk abating the authority of our “Good Apples” I get that …