Sunday, August 24, 2008

“Violation my Ass”

OK, here we go, like THIS is a Surprise!

I’ve been served papers via snailmail AND Handed to me, at my home, by an Officer. Wow, they like me! they really like me!

I am to appear in Hazard County Court Mid September 2008.

According to my Probation Officer, Whatsherface, I’ve violated the conditions of my probation. She is recommending that the “Stay of Adjudication” be revoked, impose Stay of Execution, Serve 10 Days in the Hazard County Jail and discharge from probation upon receipt of the balance of my fine.

From what I gather, I'm assuming the topic we are to address is the one in big bold letters on the front page of the papers I was handed;

1. “Failure to write a letter of apology to the officer and provide a copy to probation with in 14 days.”

I suppose what we are to submit is called a rebuttal.
Noun
S: (n) rebuttal (the speech act of refuting by offering a contrary contention or argument)
S: (n) rebutter, rebuttal ((law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder)

See below, my amateur ideal of a “Rebuttal” as defined above:
I have written TWO letters of apology.
The first in compliance with Line13 on of the “Conditions of Probation” I agreed to and signed which reads: “Write a letter of apology to officer & provide to PO within 14 days.
Done: I faxed it to both Officer Jackass and the Probation department exactly 14 days later.
The Second in compliance with my probation officers request for a detailed hand written letter, written in accordance with an outline she provided, the document was to be turned in within 14 days as part of “probation stuff”
Done: I hand delivered the detailed letter to the Probation officer exactly 13 days later.
Both documents were submitted on time and in the manner they were ordered.
So how does “Failure to write a letter of apology to the officer and provide a copy to probation with in 14 days.” apply?
Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe contacting her and offering a real letter of apology might get the date removed from the court calendar. Do you really want to be under their control for 10 days? That's a long time yaknow. This isn't Cool Hand Luke, there may be even more depraved 'personalities' waiting for you there.